You're about to turn one in two days and it makes me feel like a cement block is sitting on my chest. Like I can barely breathe. I'm afraid that complete deep breaths might make the next two days warp speed ahead just like the last year did. It's like if I don't breathe than maybe you won't really turn one. Maybe I'll walk into your room Thursday morning and you'll still just be 11 months old. Maybe.
Keep breathing.
I like the wise words my Aunt Linda shared with me on this very topic, "Each passing year brings new memories to treasure. Enjoy the journey of blessings each day ahead will bring.... and ignore the math!" Thanks! This is just what I needed!
(Hours later...)
On a lighter note, I've momentarily accepted the fact that you're turning one and am less in denial about it. In fact, I'm getting excited for all the big, new, fun, exciting moments the next twelve-month chapter will bring. I'm also looking forward to your birthday bash in just four days with 30 of our closest friends and family! We get to celebrate your first year of life and that's a honor for us Khloe! Of course you will be too little to remember your first birthday, but the day is more for us anyways; its a little pat on our backs for making it through the first year of getting to know one another.
Your 1st Birthday Party theme is Spring Flowers!
I get an idea in my mind, then pull together the supplies to make an invitation that matches my idea, and everything else just seems to fall into place. Some might call it a little over-the-top, and I might even agree with them at times when I begin to stress myself out, but I enjoy the creative outlet that planning your birthday party gives me. There will be many of Kayla's friends at this party so it is a must that we also include activities to please the 3 and over crowd. The 40 degree weather forecast is really putting a kink in the plans for your day Khloe, but we'll just have to make do. It won't stop us from having a memorable day! Onward to April 19!
I like the wise words my Aunt Linda shared with me on this very topic, "Each passing year brings new memories to treasure. Enjoy the journey of blessings each day ahead will bring.... and ignore the math!" Thanks! This is just what I needed!
(Hours later...)
On a lighter note, I've momentarily accepted the fact that you're turning one and am less in denial about it. In fact, I'm getting excited for all the big, new, fun, exciting moments the next twelve-month chapter will bring. I'm also looking forward to your birthday bash in just four days with 30 of our closest friends and family! We get to celebrate your first year of life and that's a honor for us Khloe! Of course you will be too little to remember your first birthday, but the day is more for us anyways; its a little pat on our backs for making it through the first year of getting to know one another.
Your 1st Birthday Party theme is Spring Flowers!
I get an idea in my mind, then pull together the supplies to make an invitation that matches my idea, and everything else just seems to fall into place. Some might call it a little over-the-top, and I might even agree with them at times when I begin to stress myself out, but I enjoy the creative outlet that planning your birthday party gives me. There will be many of Kayla's friends at this party so it is a must that we also include activities to please the 3 and over crowd. The 40 degree weather forecast is really putting a kink in the plans for your day Khloe, but we'll just have to make do. It won't stop us from having a memorable day! Onward to April 19!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment