Recalling back to a year ago today... boy, was I miserable and grumpy and tired on April 18, 2011. I was sooo ready to have my baby and get on with life! I had just started my week's vacation from work because, frankly, I couldn't stand another moment of going into work and sitting at my desk trying to pretend like I was a normal happy person. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to talk to anyone. Wow, 38 weeks of pregnancy and me just don't mix. I was feeling guilty for taking a week off work for no reason other than I was just cranky and impatient, but decided that I would appreciate the time to have quality one-on-one time with Kayla. That plan didn't take me very far; after just one day of being home Khloe decided to make her debut into this world. Thank the Lord! He heard my prayers and answered them! In the early, early, early morning hours of April 19, like 3am early, after my water broke and the contractions came on strong, we headed to the hospital!


It's your last day to NOT be 1 years old, Khloe!
After you went to bed, Kayla and I prepared for your birthday party in the morning! Rainbow cupcakes with blue-ish green-ish and purple frosting and sprinkles, I'm sure just the way you like them.
Well, I thought I was going to make it when I was reading the words, even when I was looking at the pictures of beautiful almost-1-year-old Khloe. But I lost it and started crying when I saw the pictures of her big sister decorating cupcakes for her first birthday. Thinking of how excited I'm SURE Kayla is about Khloe's birthday just put me over the edge! We reallyreallyreally wish we could be there to celebrate with you! Happiest birthday wishes to sweet BABY Khloe! Lots of love all the way from Iowa!!!
ReplyDelete