I started yoga again. Oh, how I've missed yoga. It is so refreshing what yoga does for my mind and body. The last I did yoga was probably about 3-4 years ago when I was pregnant with Kayla. I was going to class weekly and even right up until I had her. The class kept me active, in shape, limber, flexible and feeling good. I should've been keeping up with it all these years since, but excuses, excuses got in the way.
I almost hesitated signing up for class while still in my first trimester. I forgot how completely exhausting the first trimester could be. But no more excuses. I am in dire need of finding some energy and getting in shape before I completly lose my shape. It's hard not to just feel guilty from being "lazy", but exhaustion is such a huge hurdle the first 12 weeks. I'm building a human from scratch people! I now remember being pregnant with Kayla and coming home from work and falling into the deepest sleep on the couch by 6:30 and wanting to sleep for days. I'd love to do that now only I have a 3 year old who loves to say "Do you want to play with me?" over and over and over... And yes! I absolutely want to play with you! Can we do it lying down on the couch?
So if I'm too tired to play with Kayla, should I really be going off to an hour exercise class at 6:30 twice a week? The answer is YES. The class gives me more energy and helps me sleep better at night. Even after last night's class, I walked out of there standing taller and feeling lighter on my feet. I even felt thinner. It was a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment