September 8, 2010

September 8

Food. It's all I think about. From the moment my eyes open until the moment my eyes close, and every moment in between, and even moments outside those realms, my thoughts are consumed with food.

Will this food I just ate make me feel sick in 20 minutes? (Yes). What food will sound good to me today? (Who knows). When should I eat next? (I'm eating right now). What am I craving this very second? (The list goes on...) What won't make me feel nauseated? (Good question).

I'm not calling this Morning Sickness. Instead I call it Not Feeling Myself, which really is most accurate. I have Not Feeling Myself Syndrome. Its not that I'm nauseated in just the morning or all day long or that I feel like throwing up; nausea comes most often in the evening. Things that trigger the nausea? Riding in the car, Italian foods, anything I ate the day before, people talking about food (any food).

A doctor recommended "do" to help get through Not Feeling Myself is to eat small meals throughout the day. Adopting that I did notice a change, but what if all my small meals are really all large meals? Yikes, the calories are adding up fast...

What I insatiably crave one meal is repulsive to me the next. Therefore, I am plenty stocked up on Cheez-its, caramels, pretzels, Captain Crunch, and ice cream (just to name a few) because, well, I couldn't live without it. And the next day, I cann't stand to look at it or think about it.

What I lacked in my first pregnancy I am making up for in the second. Aaron felt useless the first time around because he didn't need to make any midnight runs for pickles or ice-cream or whatever craving he tried to talk me into. He begged to run out and get anthing because he thought it "would be fun". I haven't forgotten that and have already put him to good use. He's made runs to Bob Evans for hot cinnamon rolls, Dollar General for Captain Crunch, Meijer's for Grape Nuts, and sadly, I'll probaby never touch any of those things again.

I'm having a Cheez-it/pretzel/caramel party if you want to come. I don't plan to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment