The Chinese Birth Calendar is an ancient secret discovered 700 years ago that has been used to predict the sex of an unborn child. It has been said to be 99% accurate. People swear by the accuracy of this chart. To predict the gender of your baby you determine the mother's age and the month of the child at conception.According to three different Chinese Birth charts, we're having a girl. Another chart says boy. Now, throw in a few random variables and... needless to say, I won't be painting the new room anytime soon. But it's fun to play along.
Something that is completely unfathomable to me are those people who choose to wait to find out the gender of their baby until its born. As many times as I have tried I cannot wrap my head around that concept. Seeing and touching the face of your baby for the first time after nine months is a surprise enough, I don't need the gender to be a surprise too. Pregnancy is a long journey and never in your life will 40 weeks move more slowly than when you are pregnant. Not only does finding out the gender at 20 weeks break up the time, it gives you something to plan, dream and shop for the remaining 20 weeks. I would say that not finding out is almost negligant. Needless to say, we will be finding out the gender, convienantly right before Christmas in case anyone wants to do some extra Christmas shopping (wink, wink).
Today the doctor said I was 6.5 weeks pregnant and confirmed that I had the April 25th due date correct. We go back at 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment