April 7, 2012

Easter and Birthdays

I don't know how to title this post... we celebrated your birthday, but it's not yet your birthday. We sang Happy Birthday to you, but I don't want to admit you're about to have your real birthday...And we tied this all in with a little Easter celebration.

You and Sadie shared the same due date. Eleven months ago when you were born just three days apart from one another, our families decided that we would always make a point to celebrate your birthday's together, whether that be at a park, a restaurant or one of our homes. Somehow, someway we want to make this an annual tradition and create memories of always celebrating your birthdays together.Today was your first annual joint birthday celebration. A little bittersweet considering I'm in denial about you turning one and admitting I have a one year old; and today I had to go and celebrate the occasion two weeks before I actually need to! It made me a little sad.

If today was any indication of what you're birthday will be like, you will play with the balloons all day and will dig in with two hands into your birthday cake.
Three best girlfriends! Sophia, Kayla and Stella
Our lovely host and hostess, with the birthday girls
Coloring eggs!
The beautiful completed masterpiece
This is the point where Khloe reached over and grabbed Sadie's high chair, scooting her chair directly next to Sadie's and reached up and stole her sippy cup (because one isn't enough) and her strawberries off her tray. This upset Sadie, clearly. Sorry Khloe did that, Sadie.
 Time for birthdays!
 The birthday girls - Sadie and Khloe

 Ymmmm! Cupcakes! Khloe had no issues digging right in to the frosting with two hands.
Cupcakes for the older girls
The Easter/Birthday Party ended with a sleeping bag party on the floor watching movies
It was a fun-filled day celebrating two wonderful moments - Easter and First Birthdays!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for being so great at documenting our playdates for the girls to enjoy when they are older! you forgot to mention what a "baby" sadie was that day! Love you guys!

    Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete