September 18, 2011

Kaaah-loeeeee!

That is exactly how Kayla calls to you all day long. Kaaah-loeeee Jean! You are going to be five months old tomorrow! Goodness! What can I say? You are just so so so so so so sweet sweet sweet and cuddly and so much fun to kiss. Your cheeks are just so kissable!

As a soon-to-be five month old you are eating a bowl of rice cereal (well, 1T equals a bowl) and the same amount of food with it too every evening for dinner. So far your cuisine has consisted of pears and carrots. Ymmmmm! You started getting disgruntled this past week when I was feeding you and I thought you weren't into the food anymore and then I realized that I just wasn't feeding you fast enough. So, I shoveled food in more quickly and you seem to appreciate that. I think I may add another feeding to your day since you are gulping down your food so quickly. Well, for that reason and, hoping that more food equals longer, better sleep. We're still trying to unravel the mysteries of your sleep habits. You just are not a creature of routine. There is no rhyme or reason to your sleep, eat and wake schedules. The only thing you are absolutely routine about is that you are ready for bed at 6:45 p.m. and not a minute later . You suck your bottle down and are instantly asleep and we lie you in bed for the next 12 hours. But what happens between those 12 hours is a total shot in the dark. This past week you've been averaging getting up only once in the night (FINALLY!) and making it through 7-8 hours before you wake up. Kaaaaaah-loe, this is okay, but not good enough. We'll keep working it.

You have found your toes and its so cute to see you fold yourself in half to get them in your mouth. I love to scrunch you up, you're so scrunchable! When you're not trying to get your toes in your mouth you're sucking on your fist. And when you're not sucking on your toes or your fist, drool is pouring out of your mouth. You easily soak through your outfit within the first several hours of the day, but we spare that from happening by having you soak through bibs instead. You are a master at rolling from your back to your tummy and are just now trying to figure out how to go from your tummy to your back; you're getting close. I see you put your toes down, cross one leg over the other and push your buns into the air; I'm sure it won't be long now. Even Doctor Sarah was surprised to see that you roll from your back first; she said most babies learn the other way first. Several times now you have taken a bath with your sister in the BIG tub, with my holding you. You absolutely love to kick and splash and basically get me soaked which Kayla finds hilarious. I finally had to acknowledge and accept the fact that your not a newborn anymore and break down (reluctantly, grrrrr) and put away all reclining or slightly reclining baby items in exchange for all upright items - like your high chair, exercauser and jumpy thing. Okay, so you are cute in all your "new" toys. You love them all!

 Toes, toes!
 I'm just a happy growing girl!

Like every day when you wake from your nap, Kayla comes running, squealing your name, to give you a hug and a kiss. Today when she was hugging you she kept saying "You just love me so much, don't you? Don't you honey? You just love me! I know you do honey!"

And another cute conversation between you two tonight was when you were in your bouncy getting quite irritable because it was close to bedtime, and when you get irritable you start squawking. Kayla was trying to get your attention to talk to you and her voice kept rising with each sentence over your squawking, "Kaaah-loeeee! KAAAAAh-loeeeee! KAAAAH-LOEEEEE! I'M TRYING TO TALK TO YOU! I HAVE TO ASK YOU A QUESITON! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BE FOR HALLOWEEN?" Daddy and I laughed out loud for a long time at that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment