August 18, 2011

Rockin' the Rivers

It's our annual "every Thursday night in the month of August" tradition - Rockin' the Rivers on the St. Clair River. It's one of the coolest things Port Huron does every summer. I don't think in the three years since this annual event started it has ever been anything less than absolutely perfect weather every time, and the same holds true for this year too. Each Thursday is a different theme of music; we've had 80's, Oldie's, Jimmy Buffet and this week - the last week - is Rock. It's very simple: there's food, (beer!), live music, inflatables and crafts for the kids, and lots of open space for chairs, blankets, and strollers. The event has grown from a few hundred people to a few thousand people in just a few years. I don't even think I saw Kayla almost the entire night last week. We walked through the gates and she took off for the inflatables. I think I finally saw her when it got dark. That's 2 hours of straight jumping, climbing and bouncing! Can you imagine if we all got excercise like that every week?! We'd bounce ourselves to being in shape!

This was Khloe's first season of Rockin' the Rivers. As with everything else in her life, she loved it, chilled and just hung out. Even slept through the music. We blew right through her bedtime by almost two hours and I was worried that she would be fussy. Nope! Not Khloe. Not our Khloward. Not our Khloe Mee-maid.
 (From Grandpa F's camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment