August 18, 2011

Mackinac Island

What a wonderful, relaxing, fun trip! I have to admit I was a little leary about going on a 5-day vacation with a 15-week old. You are still a little unpredictable, which makes life a little unpredicatable, so I hoped that you adjusted to life in a home away from home. I didn't want to bring any unnessecary stress on you, or me, or anyone else. Thankfully - and I am truly thankful - I had nothing to worry about - you were chill all weekend. Between me, Kayla and Molly you had plenty of motherly care. Your favorite parts of the trip were the horse and carriage rides and shopping downtown when Daddy carried you in the Baby Bjorn. Oh, and riding the ferry over to the island was your first boat ride!!!

 Getting ready to board the ferry
Your first boat ride! Yea!
 View from the ferry dock, arriving on the island.
To see our home, the Crow's Nest, look at the top of the photo at the row of cottages at the top of the hill. The Crow's Nest is tucked in the trees directly to the left of the last brown one on the left.
 View from the front yard of the Crow's Nest
 It was a beautiful sunny day of shopping downtown,
and apprarently a long day for you. That's a big yawn!
 The Crow's Nest - an historic cottage built on East Bluff in 1900.
We spent most of our time just hanging out on the beautiful porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment