July 3, 2011

Growing up

I shed a tear (or two) tonight; you moved into your big girl bed! That is, you moved out of our room from the pack-n-play and into your crib in your room. It happened with no advance planning or decision making; we had just gotten home from our family vacation and your pack-n-play bed was not yet made up, but you were ready to be put down to sleep so I laid you in your crib temporarily - or so I thought. I thought for sure you would wake right up. I got your pack-n-play ready for you to move back into, but hours later you were still sound asleep in your crib, falling asleep to the sound of fireworks going on from every corner of the city.
How can this be??? My little girl is growing up! I might just move you back into our room for a night or two... or three... just because... I'm not ready to have you leave my bedside yet. I love having you next to me at night! Having you right beside my bed is MUCH BETTER than having a tiny little video monitor on my nightstand. I have years ahead of me to have a baby monitor next to my ear; I only have weeks to have you in my room next to me!

 The many faces of Khloe @ 10 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment