April 25, 2011

April 25

I have studied this date on the calendar for far too long; for many, many months. I have counted up, counted down, counted sideways to continually see just how far off this date was and thought about ways to make it come faster. For me, this date was the end of a journey - a very long journey - and the beginning of something new and fun and complete for our family. I often felt like this day would never come! For so long this date held such significance and priority in my life, but now its only significance is its benchmark to the fact that you came 6 days early.

Today is your due date, Khloe. April 25th. But, you are here with us and already 6 days old! I can't imagine you still inside me and not here with us. Besides already being big enough and long enough, you were ready to come out - and did so - all on your own. Thank you God!

I'm glad I did not have to wait another day for you to come. I was waaaaaaaaay beyond ready. I was miserable, crabby, cranky, tired, drained and I'm pretty sure that was wearing on everyone. Hard to think that just last Monday I was still pregnant and not aware of what the next morning would bring!

You're here, you're healthy, you're beautiful and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, I thought your due date was April 15??? Ooooooh, that's right.......

    ReplyDelete