April 11, 2011

April 11

My day today...

This morning at work: "You're STILL here?"

Then, out to lunch: "You should've had that baby by now!"

And later, out shopping: "Are you having twins?"

And just for good measure, I got a "Do you feel like a beached whale?", "You've been pregnant longer than any other person I know" and a "Are you bigger than last time?" last week too.

And that was my day. Now multiply those comments by 252 days.

Needless to say, my smiles, friendly disposition, and patience are wearing thin, if not completely gone already.

All this gave me a revelation this week. I think I've finally realized what the point of the 9th month is, because I have always wondered. It seems so pointless, the 9th month. Can't pregnancy just be 8 months? The 9th month is so brutal, so miserable. But up until the 8th month I wasn't completely mentally, physically, emotionally prepared to have a newborn in the house again. Then you reach the 9th month and you realize you have no more doubts, no more worries, no more concerns, no more hesitations. I'm way way way more than ready to hold little Khloe Jean in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment