December 28, 2010

December 28

I had my 23-week appointment and things are going well for you! You had a healthy heartbeat, you are over a pound now (thank goodness!), I measured at 24-weeks along, and your kicking and pushing have got me smiling and distracted for most of the day, every day. Your little movements are so cute! What could you possibly be doing in there to do all that spinning? You like to hang out on my right side, for whatever reason, and you are very good at pushing your little head or behind into the right side of my tummy. So good at it that I often have to push you back, just so you're not pushing on me so hard. Daddy can feel you now, too, you move and kick so much. I know what its like to feel you moving from the inside because I can anticipate where you're going to be, but I wonder what it feels like from the outside to place a hand on my tummy and feel those funny little random kicks and punches?

You can keep growing, its just that I'm ready to be done growing. But, I know that won't happen. At least for the next 15 weeks. The pregnancy is starting to really strain the ligaments in the lower left side of my back and hip. The worst is at night, I can barely turn over or get in and out of bed. I can't sit on the floor and play with Kayla anymore. Icing my back helps me get by. My chirpractor has been helpful and I have justified to myself getting a massage once a month for the next four months. I hate having to sacrifice style for comfort, but it looks like that might be my only choice. The high heeled-boots just don't seem to be helping the situation. Other than the back issue, I feel great! In my mind I feel like I can do all things still, my body just isn't keeping up. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to be careful, limit my activity and remember that I can't do everything anymore. That's the toughest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment