December 24, 2010

{khloe}

The world knows. You now have a name. Little Khloe Jean.
Your name came announced to our families on Christmas Day on a snowflake cutout, blue-frosted, sugar-sprinkled, homemade sugar cookie.

Once we shared your name with our families, we were asked how we picked out your name, when we picked out your name and why we picked this name... and I didn't really have many answers. There isn't too much fanfare around the decision of your name, it just happened. I liked the idea of sticking with a 5-letter name to keep in sync with Sheri, Aaron and Kayla, and I also liked the idea of finding a 2-syllable name (I'm sounding a little OCD, aren't I?) but niether were crucial elements to the final decision. I think we said your name outloud sometime in the summer even before I was pregnant (I was always thinking of names, so I would be ready). I shared it with Aaron and he immediately liked it, and it just kind of stuck. There were other names on our list, other ones I was ready to choose, but your name always rose to the top for the both of us.

Your middle name is a different story - that we've had picked out for years. We always knew Kay would be apart of our first daughter's name and after that, should we have another girl, Jean would become the middle name. So, we had to find a first name that flowed well with Jean. You have your middle name from me and from my two Grandma's - your great-grandmas. Its a name I didn't always like having when I was growing up, but it sure is special and an honor to carry that name around. I hope you will always like it and know what special meaning and honor it is for you to carry on the name now too.

So once we found out you were a girl, and after a few weeks of allowing ourselves to be wishy-washy on which name we were going to settle on, we mutually agreed on Khloe. We went back and forth a few times about the spelling - spell it with a K or a C? - but I always knew it was going to be with a K.

And, Khloe Jean you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment