August 24, 2010

August 24

I'm 5 weeks pregnant already. Yet I'm only days into this new life-changing realization.

In some ways it feels good to know I've got 5 weeks under my belt (40 weeks can get looooong). And in some ways, its a little unsettling.

It's so strange to be pregnant and not even know it. I was going about my day-to-day routine and had no idea that inside me a life had begun. I wish there was a way to know the moment it happened so that I could've been rejoicing, preparing, celebrating (and worrying) these last 5 weeks.

August was a busy month, and full of unknowns... unknowingly we were having a baby!

Boating with family. No clue.
Amstutz family reunion. Nope. Lashbrook wedding. Still in the dark, but a tad suspicious.So, it's only week 5 and I'm a little concerned because I have not been feeling, well... myself. Is it only in my head, or is this what morning sickness feels like? Please don't let me have morning sickness this time around. Please let this pregnancy be as easy as the first one. So far my mornings have started out with me needing to eat a cup of oatmeal as soon as I jump out of the shower. Not a huge burden, but definately something that I hope doesn't develop into something worse. I'm so so so nervous about having morning sickness! I was so lucky my first time around. (Which is why all my friends have attempted to curse my second pregnancy with at least some sort of morning sickness).

What are the chances of no morning sickness this time? I have my fingers and toes crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment