April 2, 2012

Nags Head, North Carolina

It was your first trip to the ocean! How exciting! Of course you are still too little to fully appreciate the magnitude of the moment or to remember the cool salty water splashing at your legs, but you enjoyed the hours spent at the beach. You did do a lot of sand eating, not on purpose, it just happened to stick to every beach toy you picked up and put in your mouth.

We had a fun family vacation in Nags Head, North Carolina! After we got you to the walk-in clinic on our first day to treat your ear infection you perked right up and were right back to your normal self. The day we left Michigan and traveled to North Carolina I could tell something wasn't right with how you were feeling, and I was worried about starting off the vacation on a bad note. How did I know something was off? You were quiet and still and peaceful - not normal words I would use to describe you. You had a rough night our first night there but a dose of antibiotics (your first sick-baby trip to the doctor I might add) turned you right around; we were very thankful. You were right back to getting into everything, complaining about things that upset you, climbing stairs (you did this for the first time!) and generally just leaving a path of destruction behind you. You cut your fourth tooth on top on this trip so we're certain that's what left you with an ear infection.

You are a good traveler and you love to play with other babies. We often found you sitting next to Abigail (who couldn't crawl yet) with your arms around her neck giving her a hug - so sweet! It was a wonderful family get-away!
 I just had to get a picture of all those curls!
 I think the rush of cool water caught you off guard for a bit!
 My beach girls
We love pink monkeys!
You with your friends - sisters Abigail (8 mo) and Sydney (21 mo)
At the Nags Head Fishing Pier
Happy vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment