June 14, 2011

8 weeks

Yes, eight weeks old! Almost 2 months old already! Can you believe it!? I cannot.

It seems I cannot luck out in any peaceful, non-eventful, good way during my maternity leave. The first time around Aaron ruptured his acheilles tendon when Kayla was 10 days old, couldn't walk for 5 days, had surgery and a cast, couldn't walk without crutches for 12 weeks, and then had a walking boot and physical therapy three times week for 12 more weeks. It put a lot of pressure and strain on me to care for TWO people full-time. It was not fun.

And now, this time around, this maternity leave is marked by an unusual amount of travel for Aaron. Typically he travels out of state one to two times a month, but in the last eight weeks he has been gone weekly. At one point he was gone eight out of ten days, again leaving the majority of the child and household care on my shoulders, with very little sleep. Having a newborn enter your world brings enough of its own chaos, but to do it alone night after night, week after week, is very exhausting and draining.

At least there gets to be a little Daddy & Daughter cuddle time. Everyone says she is a miniature version of her Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Precious daddy moments for sure. I'll pray for you Sheri as he travels - I can only imagine the exhaustion - but hang in there! And get rest (and help from the grandma/pa's) when you can.

    ReplyDelete