May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It's my first Mother's Day with you, Khloe Jean. Thank you for making me your mom. I love it.

We've been busy figuring each other out these last 3 weeks.... or I mean, mostly I have been busy figuring you out. And we're getting better at making things work smoothly, but thank you for being so forgiving along the way. I burb you, but really you just want to be down and stretch. I feed you but you want to go to sleep. I try to get you to sleep, but you need to burp. I think you want to play, but you want to sleep.

But, I'm getting the hang of things (again) and I feel like its getting easier. You have a whole new language I didn't know or speak but I'm getting better at it each day. And you're getting the hang of things now, too. You're more awake throughout the day (we love to look in your eyes), you eat very well, you take long solid naps (in your swing and pack-n-play), you take 3 hour naps and are sleeping up to 5 hours at night (!!!) and your content to just stretch out on the floor and look around (you love to watch Kayla).

Thank you for being here with me on this Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Sadie's mom is (again) jealous of the 5 hour nights, Miss Khloe! You need to come teach little Sadie a thing or two! :)

    ReplyDelete