May 31, 2011

6 weeks

My how time is flying by Khloe! Seriously, where is the time going? Somehow you are 6 weeks old already. That is significant in lots of ways, including the fact that, as of today, I'm exactly half way through my maternity leave. That is sad to me! We have exactly 6 weeks left of our summer together.

Today I took you into work for the first time to meet everyone, your sister went to the beach with her friends, and then you came with me to my 6-week checkup at the doctor's office. Thankfully you slept through all this activity.

You are getting bigger, I can see it in your chubby little cheeks and arms. You are my BIG peanut now! Your eyes are still greyish/blue. I don't remember Kayla ever having this color of eyes and if she did I don't remember when they changed, but I think it was before now. I wonder when your eye color will change? I'm guessing they will either have to be brown (like me) or hazel (like your dad's). Guess we will still have to wait and see!

I'm so happy that you are sleeping SO much longer now! This makes Mommy very happy! Somehow you jumped, in one night, from about a 5-hour stretch of sleep to 9 hours! Whoa! We haven't achieved the 9 hours again, but you are up to 7-8 hours a stretch. Your nighttime sleep schedule looks like this: You fall asleep around 10pm and don't wake up until 6am for a feeding and fall back asleep until 9am. I'm hoping this sleep schedule only gets better and better!  Like my doctor told me today, a big baby is a content baby. Thanks for being such a great sleeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment