April 1, 2011

April 1

I had to do it. It is, after all, April Fools Day. And a prank like this can really only come around once in a lifetime.

Everyone around work knows I'm ready to have this baby, and quite frankly, could possibly have her at any time. So I had the idea to prank my boss and tell him that, in fact, I did. (Oh, don't I only wish!!!)

I sent him a text at 7:30 a.m. before I was expected to show up to work at 8:00 a.m. It said "I won't be at work today. I went into the hospital at 2:30am and will be having my baby today. I will keep you posted". He text back, "Good luck".

By the time I showed up at 8am my boss had spread the word to the entire department that I was in the hospital having my baby. That is, until I walked in. Pregnant. Everyone clapped at the success of my prank, I received lots of high fives and lots of "That was a good one!" cheers. Even my boss couldn't believe I got him and agreed it was a good one. He took the bait hook, line and sinker, but why wouldn't he???

For the record, Aaron cautioned me not to do it. My boss has said he will be planning his retaliation for the next 12 weeks. I get what I deserve, but man, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment