Pregnancy Brain. It has taken over. I am obsessed. I am emotional. I am forgetful. I am losing my mind. But, more on that in a minute...
There's lots going on around here, Little Girl! For starters, we've got your crib set up in your new room complete with your new bedding, we've got the paint colors and design for your room picked out (soon to be painted), I've gone through all the littlest clothes of Kayla's and they are in your drawers and hanging in your closet (Oh, how I can't WAIT to see you in them!), and we've begun deconstruction/ reconstruction of your new bathroom you'll be sharing with your sister, i.e. "The Girl's Bathroom". All with a little less than 4 months to spare.
"The Girls". It's a new phrase we've coined around here, but it works. For instance, the girl's bathroom, the girl's Christmas stockings, the girl's toys... It was a little shocking to hear the words just come flying out of my mouth at first, but it just felt right. You're now 'one of the girls'. Kayla is now 'one of the girls'. Grandma A said "Awwwwwwwww, the girls!" and Kristi said "What girls?" Oh, we'll all get used to it soon.
Back to your room and all your stuff in it... this is where my pregnancy brain has taken over. Most people would say I'm ahead of the game, but that's not what pregnancy brain tells me. I'm obsessed with getting things organized, purged, cleaned, sorted, re-organized and re-purged. Beyond obsessed actually, and I can't help it. My motto is If its not nailed down and you haven't used it in the last 2 months, its going. We have to make way for another human being in this house! I've been putting your Daddy to work on many projects most weekends and he keeps reminding me to Relax or Don't worry about it or It'll get done. What?! I can't just turn off these hormones! Do people really think that's possible?? I. just. can't. stop. If I would, I could. Trust me. Life would be MUCH more simple that way.
My pregnancy brain is also responsible for the tears that show up at unexplainable times. Like at the 101 Dalmations play I took your sister to. I cried during that show?!? A play about dogs being acted out by kids?!?! And then seeing the new Disney movie Tangled at the theatre with your sister. I cried during that show?!?! I cried during a G rated cartoon movie. Really?!?! Blame it on the hormones.
I'm also forgetful. I misplace things. Lose things temporarily. Its enough to make one lose their mind, and often I feel like I have. The kicker, I even forgot that I was pregnant. The three of us have planned a ski trip up north in a few weeks... a ski trip. Downhill skiing. I'll be 7 months pregnant. I can't ski! What was I thinking!?! Oh that's right, I wasn't thinking. Just totally forgot I was pregnant. Blame it on the hormones. Sorry, no skiing for me.
Things are good here! I'm feeling great (obviously enough so to even forget momentarily I was pregnant ) and next week is another check-up appointment. I'm feeling your movements much more now, although you still feel like a little bubble popping in there, the movements are more frequent, more active and stronger. I hope you're almost a pound now!!!! That would make me feel much more justified for this big bump I'm wearing on the front of my tummy.
Just three more days until Christmas, Little Girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment